Programming New Gallardo Key - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

General Lamborghini Related Discussion For General Lambo Topics.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 06:58 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Programming New Gallardo Key

Just got new key from Symbolic by way of Ricambi and tried to program it myself. I tried the owner's manual way: push unlock, insert key, turn on til lights go on, turn off, remove key, push unlock. No go.

When I insert key and try to start does not start, turns over but no start, and the odometer reads "Safe".

I looked at the old posts and they had same ideas. BTW car starts perfectly with original key and does not say "safe" on odometer.

I'm afraid to switch out the batteries on the keyfobs because then my original key may not work and need to be reprogrammed. Guess I could try to buy new disk battery and try that.

Car is Superlegerra. Does new key need to be programmed by dealer?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 09:49 AM

Default Programming New Gallardo Key

to program lock, you need to press the unlock button all the time and then put key in and turn to on position then turn off and pull key out. all the time you are doing this keep the unlock pressed. I don't know if this will start car, you may need to have key immobilizer to key programed.

mikeb
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:00 AM

I just wanted to know if there is anyone in the states I can mail my blank key to to get it programmed?
Merc offered it - but he seesm to be gone for the past two months :

Quote:
The programming of the remote has to be done by computer. I could have it done BUT it will cost about $75. I would need you to ship me the key back along with your vin and it would get done. Let me know.

Thanks!
anyone that can PM me some info on this, I am overseas right now - and the Lambo+Audi dealer will not help or service any car that wasnt sold by them!
Thanks
tegu
Old 12-29-2010, 12:08 AM

I took both keys to Symbolic & they got it right quickly.

Dino
Old 12-31-2010, 12:57 AM

What's the cheapest way to get this done? I've got an '05 Gallardo with one ratty key. I want to replace the remote on the key I have and get a second complete new key. From what I've found and been quoted, the remotes are about $105 each. The key portion is something like $175 ($280 for a complete key and remote). Dealers are quoting anywhere from $95-150 for the programming. Is this about right? Thanks!
Old 12-31-2010, 01:31 AM

Agreed. But the dealer is the one with the diagnostics to dial in the new key(s). I went through it & remained convinced this task is one for the dealer.

Dino
San Diego
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.