Lambo DIY - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

General Lamborghini Related Discussion For General Lambo Topics.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 08:43 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Lambo DIY

I created a blog to help owners with basic maintenance and some modifications. It's all Murci, but the Diablo is similar in many ways, so it's applicable to both cars. Check it out.

LamboDIY

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 09:27 AM

Gallery: 1

Thanks for sharing!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 02:03 PM

Nice info for muci....A+++++
Old 08-01-2012, 06:55 PM

Great work nick! Some great advice on there

Garage
2003 Lamborghini Murcielago (Titanium)
2008 Lincoln Navigator (White)
2007 Ford Mustang GT (Black)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Gold Site Supporter

Great work and great blog. But...(and I hate to nitpick but looking out for my fellow Lambo drivers)...some of the DIY's seem "straight from the manual" and not from experience and that can cause issues for the DIY'er as the shop manuals are written for Lambo techs.

Just one example I noticed...on the oil change...the DIY enthusiast should NOT try to drain main tank for two reasons: first, it is too easy to damage the tank drain spot and second because it is very risky to drain the all oil away from the motor.

I would recommend that you surf this and other sites and see where older posts have DIY instructions that overlap with yours and integrate the knowledge (with the OP's permission in each case, of course).

You are really onto something here. The staple site like this has historically been lamboweb.com. Would be cool to see you guys work together to come up with a newer, updated site.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-02-2012, 12:28 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

Nice job Nick! I can't believe what it takes to just change the dang battery.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky View Post
Great work and great blog. But...(and I hate to nitpick but looking out for my fellow Lambo drivers)...some of the DIY's seem "straight from the manual" and not from experience and that can cause issues for the DIY'er as the shop manuals are written for Lambo techs.

Just one example I noticed...on the oil change...the DIY enthusiast should NOT try to drain main tank for two reasons: first, it is too easy to damage the tank drain spot and second because it is very risky to drain the all oil away from the motor.

I would recommend that you surf this and other sites and see where older posts have DIY instructions that overlap with yours and integrate the knowledge (with the OP's permission in each case, of course).

You are really onto something here. The staple site like this has historically been lamboweb.com. Would be cool to see you guys work together to come up with a newer, updated site.

Thanks for sharing!
Every write up is from experience, and not everyone has a manual.

Oil change instructions are the same as the manual, pg. 20. Which they should be because, well, changing oil is a pretty straight-forward task.

More DIY will come in time. if anybody has a suggestion for a write up, I would be glad to document it next time I work on my car. LamboDIY wasn't planned when I was doing all the work to my car, so it's currently low on pictures. I plan to take more so that there are more pictures for an easier understanding of each task.

I was trying to do something along the lines of lamboweb, but fill in the gaps for a few things which they have missed. There are some difference between their write up's and mine (note brake switch write up).

Nick
Old 08-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Gold Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by white out View Post
Every write up is from experience, and not everyone has a manual.

Oil change instructions are the same as the manual, pg. 20. Which they should be because, well, changing oil is a pretty straight-forward task.

Nick
No need to get testy.

I think you misread what I wrote. I was trying to help and explain that how it is in the manual is NOT how a DIY'er should do it. And no, changing oil on a dry sump motor is NOT straightforward like it is on a regular car. If you do manage to open the main tank without crushing the spout and then drain all the oil away from the V12 and then dry crank it with new oil only in the pan then you will be in a world of hurt.

I have a writeup on this forum about how to properly change oil in the Murci. Feel free to borrow from it for your site.

Last edited by Smoky; 08-02-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:05 AM

Not testy. But following the standard procedure for an oil change is straight forward, three plugs, a filter, and add oil.

Is this your write up?
Question DIY 08 Murci roadster oil change

If so, you only showed draining from the oil pan, not the dry sump tank. The majority of the oil is stored in the dry sump tank, so not changing that oil defeats the purpose of an oil change.

When filling the car with oil goes directly into the dry sump tank (all in LP's & 8qts in early Murci). The engine only holds 4 quarts, which the early Murci can be filled separately than the LP cars.

Nick
Old 08-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Gold Site Supporter

Okie dokie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.