Lamborghini Talk banner

Lambo DIY

6K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  SXN 
#1 · (Edited)
I created a blog to help owners with basic maintenance and some modifications. It's all Murci, but the Diablo is similar in many ways, so it's applicable to both cars. Check it out. :D

LamboDIY

#5 ·
Great work and great blog. But...(and I hate to nitpick but looking out for my fellow Lambo drivers)...some of the DIY's seem "straight from the manual" and not from experience and that can cause issues for the DIY'er as the shop manuals are written for Lambo techs.

Just one example I noticed...on the oil change...the DIY enthusiast should NOT try to drain main tank for two reasons: first, it is too easy to damage the tank drain spot and second because it is very risky to drain the all oil away from the motor.

I would recommend that you surf this and other sites and see where older posts have DIY instructions that overlap with yours and integrate the knowledge (with the OP's permission in each case, of course).

You are really onto something here. The staple site like this has historically been lamboweb.com. Would be cool to see you guys work together to come up with a newer, updated site.

Thanks for sharing!

#6 ·
Nice job Nick! I can't believe what it takes to just change the dang battery.

#13 ·
On the nose lift list flush, step 9
LamboDIY: Nose Lift / Power Steering Fluid Flush

You need to warn people NOT to open that purge valve but about a quarter turn of the nut, or they might make a significant mess in their boot, even with the zip tie.

I posted a writeup on this procedure earlier in the year if you are interested you are welcome to borrow from it.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.