Secession Movement - Again - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Other > Anything and Everything

Anything and Everything For discussions that do not fit anywhere else

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 08:32 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Secession Movement - Again

Wondering what your thoughts were about the secession petitions this time around. I called in to a radio show last night, and in the course of the call I was able to change the mind of one of the hosts to agree with me that it is actually a good idea.

Let 'er rip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurean bull View Post
Wondering what your thoughts were about the secession petitions this time around. I called in to a radio show last night, and in the course of the call I was able to change the mind of one of the hosts to agree with me that it is actually a good idea.

Let 'er rip.
In light of who will be occupying the White House for the next four years and the irreparable damage to this country that will occur as a result, yeah, I'm for it.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:42 AM

I knew I could count on you, Recon.

I wrote a quasi blog post in bullet point form in a hurry last night just so I could get some thoughts down. Not up to my standard, but let me know if you're interested in it.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Administrator
Onyx Site Supporter

Previously I would have scoffed at the notion, now I can see it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 02:54 PM

I can't wait to see the progression of the flag as the stars are removed one by one.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:30 PM

I have heard many, including "conservatives" claim that this is not only illegal (it isn't) but "un-American". I beg to differ, and argue that it is possibly anti federalist but truly "American" in spirit by simply reminding all of this passage from the Declaration of Independence (emphasis mine):

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. "
Old 11-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Administrator
Onyx Site Supporter

There's one thing you have to consider Chad, those are White man's words. America's fate is sealed by the baked in Demographics of a safety net society. Women, blacks, Hispanics, all of them want a cradle to lay in, instead of the small government and get out of my way mentality of the White men that built this country. It's very much a race and gender thing. Things will never return to the founding principals because those groups don't have it in their DNA to fight for it. Notice the only groups that are screaming are the middle aged that see their America slipping away.If my comments are a little harsh they're meant to be. The old white man is dead, I'll say I've been lucky to be one. They've done great by me.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayman View Post
The old white man is dead, I'll say I've been lucky to be one. They've done great by me.
I'll drink to that!!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:20 PM

I dont find it harsh even though i dont totally agree. What ive seen in the liberty movement is a huge uprising of youth (like me) who just want to be left alone. As much as I am sure you hate it, we are the Ron Paul fiscally responsible, socially TOLERANT movement. There are millions of us.

Liberty is EVERYONE'S language.

Don't let the other side force the race issue because it is a red herring. Deep in your heart you know it isn't true, so ignore the intellectual dishonesty of them and turn the argument to the offensive rather than defensive.

The only bone I'll throw at that is, that it wasn't half a century ago that Dr. MLK reiterated those words, and that it was the Democrats of the 1870's that resticted voting rights, intimidated black voters, and eventually pushed through segregation, or "Jim Crow" laws. How did that party hijack the narrative to the point that they accuse conservatives (wrongfully) of being racist?

I'll say again, liberty is the language of EVERYONE.

Last edited by taurean bull; 11-15-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurean bull View Post
I dont find it harsh even though i dont totally agree. What ive seen in the liberty movement is a huge uprising of youth (like me) who just want to be left alone. As much as I am sure you hate it, we are the Ron Paul fiscally responsible, socially TOLERANT movement. There are millions of us.

Liberty is EVERYONE'S language.

Don't let the other side force the race issue because it is a red herring. Deep in your heart you know it isn't true, so ignore the intellectual dishonesty of them and turn the argument to the offensive rather than defensive.

The only bone I'll throw at that is, that it wasn't half a century ago that Dr. MLK reiterated those words, and that it was the Democrats of the 1870's that resticted voting rights, intimidated black voters, and eventually pushed through segregation, or "Jim Crow" laws. How did that party hijack the narrative to the point that they accuse conservatives (wrongfully) of being racist?

I'll say again, liberty is the language of EVERYONE.
I agree!

I'm a new member here, so I won't get so deep into things, but hard for me to pass up a politically related discussion. As an black person, I think it's sad that people continue to carry around those old archaic notions of who and what people are.

I'm A-political, but the only person that I'd vote for is Ron Paul as well.

As far as history goes, there is much that isn't taught in the American education system, and it's not by mistake either. I think that deep down people know who built this country... only a few received the rewards.

You're right in that Race, sex, religion and all other manner of dividing the electorate is done to fool the public. Unfortunately, as a nation, we fall for the same old divisive tricks every election cycle. We will continue to fail as a Nation, regarless of who's in office. This downhill slide is 30 years in the making, but most American's didn't realize it, because of the many distractions that are offered. Hell, many don't care until something affects them.

I bet you didn't know that Red States receive more entitlements than Blue States. Look and see who voted for who...Folks in Red states who voted for Romney, took more in entitlements and were actually in the "Red" to the Federal Govt...no pun intended, whereas folks in Blue States who voted for Obama, paid more to the govt in taxes and were in the "black".

If folks continue to listen to, and base their political decisions on what the pundits or the main stream media outlets (FNC, CNN, MSNBC) are saying, then no President or Congress can help the country.

All of the Social Issues raised by both parties are traps. Question is, are you smart enough to avoid them??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Other > Anything and Everything

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.