Photography buffs? - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Other > Anything and Everything

Anything and Everything For discussions that do not fit anywhere else

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 08:52 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Photography buffs?

Any other photography buffs on the forums? I'm not a pro but do photography as one of my hobbies. Current lineup is a Nikon D3s with Nikon 85mm 1.4D, 35 mm 1.4G, 24mm 1.4G and 70-200mm VR II.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Gold Site Supporter

Gallery: 46

I do a lot of photography for work. I have the D300S, D70, D50. You have a great camera. What do you like to shoot most?
Old 06-01-2011, 10:07 PM

And you are in IL, how cool. I love to do city photography and people mostly. My biggest problem is that I have not had all that much time lately. It kills me as I love doing it. You have some nice gear yourself. I just sold my D90 a few ago. It was a great camera and the camera that really inspired my passion. The D3s is an amazing camera as I love to shoot natural light (I bought an SB-700 flash a few months ago and it has never made it out of the box yet lol) and low light photography. Shooting the city and street life at night is fun as well. I try to get my friends to take their camera off of auto mode and learn the manual settings. To make "art", you need to shoot manual....and RAW
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Gold Site Supporter

Agreed. That is why i love me D300S there is no auto setting. Keeps others hands off of it. I do a lot of studio work and product photography. I have a shooting table and a bunch of great mono lights. Post some of your work. We will see if we can bring others out to share in the hobby.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:35 AM

Ever since getting a Pentax K1000 in Junior High I've been a fan.
I now have a Canon 30D (many years old) that has done well, althought my last several travels I've actually just stuck with a Canon PowerShot SX200IS (the SLR was taking up too much room in my backpack).

I have some travel pics of all types on my travel blog: MTonMyMind.blogspot.com. About a year ago I quit my job, travelled to Papua New Guinea, Cambodia, Thailand, and Asutralia, then came back and started working again. Those posts/pics are about 2/10.

My latest 'documentation of life' item is a GoPro Hero that just came today. I'm expecting my first Lamborghini to arrive Sunday or Monday and I want to document the first roar of the engine and its subsequent unloading.

Thread of my purchase, delivery, and enjoyment:
http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbfo...oadcast-19484/

Last edited by mtmd11; 06-02-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:44 AM

Mtmd11, please document the "arrival" and congrats! I will check out your blog when I get home tonight. We should all post some pics as well. I shoul be meeting up with Murciful next week and hope to get some nice pics of his Murci
Old 06-02-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detour_racing View Post
I do a lot of photography for work. I have the D300S, D70, D50. You have a great camera. What do you like to shoot most?
As one who writes magazine articles for a living (it's all I've ever done, really), I do a lot of photography. I've had about 26,000 photos published but I don't consider myself a "pro" in the strictest sense of the term. I'm currently using an old Pentax K20d for which I have three Pentax lenses. I shoot exclusively in jpeg and do only simple editing like cropping, and fiddling with exposure and contrast, but that's about it. When the state of digital was 3.3 megs, I had some of my pix blown up to two page spreads and they looked great. With 14 to 20 megs now the norm for pro-quality cameras, you can blow `em up to damn near billboard size. Digital photography changed my life to a greater extent than computers and word processing!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Gold Site Supporter

alright we have a couple great members involved. Now let's start sharing some of the work. Here is a selection of a couple recent shoots. The first is Ivan Radcliff, US Olympic Bobsled athlete, shot for a magazine ad. Most of these are advertising photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ab.ball.jpg (14.8 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg drinksticks.jpg (69.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg interior.jpg (26.3 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg pc.eye.jpg (30.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg bluebird.jpg (24.8 KB, 36 views)
Old 06-02-2011, 09:01 AM

^wow! Great stuff.
Subscribed to see this talent exposed!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Gold Site Supporter

Here are a couple other ones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chick.jpg (44.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg harbor.jpg (24.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg wine.jpg (11.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 560.jpg (27.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg butterfly.jpg (32.4 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by detour_racing; 06-02-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Other > Anything and Everything

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.