On the G's successor... - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Other > Anything and Everything

Anything and Everything For discussions that do not fit anywhere else

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 09:55 AM

Gallery: 0
Default On the G's successor...

My brother, who gets Auto Week online every couple of days and has all the up-to-date skinnies on everything automotive, told me that rumors have it the new G will be sharing the same basic platform as the next R8 and....Porsche! Speculation is that the 911 replacement will probably follow the other two iterations by at least a year, and that most of the development of the new Lambo was (is) being done by Porsche. Could it be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 10:43 AM

I believe the R8 and Gallardo will share a platform, the rest of that stuff...err probably not. Don't really think Auto Week has the inside information that everyone else doesn't.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpusch View Post
I believe the R8 and Gallardo will share a platform, the rest of that stuff...err probably not. Don't really think Auto Week has the inside information that everyone else doesn't.
Heard the same and agree
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:45 AM

It been said before that the porsche chassis is for a new model that sits above 911. Not a replacement
Old 02-14-2013, 09:52 AM

More and more platform sharing as an economic factor. As the numbers of manufacturers continue to shake out don't be shocked to see less differentiation. Even the low volume producers now want to have representation in everything from a sports coupe to an SUV. Not a happy thought...

2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
2008 Mercedes S550
2012 Mini Convertible
2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 w/Cummins 6.7L
2012 28' Airstream International Signature
Old 02-14-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djantlive View Post
It been said before that the porsche chassis is for a new model that sits above 911. Not a replacement
I believe so. Its for the Porsche 960

Old 02-14-2013, 05:36 PM

from an inside source: 2014
Old 02-14-2013, 06:01 PM

for the p-car or lambo? or both? love that pic of the new porsche. i'd love to order the G successor but I'd wait for the spyder which will prolly b 2015. hear lambo wants to pump out 3-4k urus models annually at a gallardo price point and its subject to the VW green light. if they make that model I'm not sure I'd buy another bull
2013 SRT Viper GTS (Weekends)
Old 02-15-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Spyder View Post
for the p-car or lambo? or both? love that pic of the new porsche. i'd love to order the G successor but I'd wait for the spyder which will prolly b 2015. hear lambo wants to pump out 3-4k urus models annually at a gallardo price point and its subject to the VW green light. if they make that model I'm not sure I'd buy another bull
Because they compromised? Here's a list of other manufacturers you can't buy from because they did the same thing.

Ferrari - 458 - FF
Porsche - 911 - Cayenne
Chevy - Corvette - Tahoe
SRT - Viper - Grand Cherokee
Mercedes - SLS - GL
Audi - R8 - Q7
Etc

You're basically left with Koenigseggggggg and Pagani.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:31 AM

.....and Bugatti. I remember 20 years ago when a MB was something special. Now I see a benz, BMW, porsche of some sort on the road every single day in some form. I just feel that brand dillution and mass production of a brand's general look/styling makes it less special. And lambo is so special that i'd hate to see it happen. The biggest example I can think of is Porsche. Who'll deny that a GT2 RS or Carrera GT isnt a true exotic supercar? But then seeing panamera's & cayenne's on the road constantly ruins it for me. Sure the hard core guys know the difference but it just makes the product less special to me. I understand that sustained profitability is the purpose of production, and Porsche takes the cake in that regard. But with the Kubang, FF, exp 9f and urus all looking to follow suit for me it just means making Maserati, Ferrari, Bentley and Lamborghini less special and less exclusive. Just my opinion. Now where is that Veyron listing...
2013 SRT Viper GTS (Weekends)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Other > Anything and Everything

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.