Circuit of the Americas - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Other > Anything and Everything

Anything and Everything For discussions that do not fit anywhere else

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 07:29 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Circuit of the Americas

Who watched the inaugural race?

I've gotten into Formula 1 over the past few years and was waiting for this moment since I heard they might build it. I thought the track itself was fantastic and really loved the esses and Turn 1. Overall it seemed like a great success for the sport and for the facility.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 AM

I was there, it was awesome. Go!

The only issues were that the merch and food stands were overwhelmed. Everything else was amazing. Lots of great spots to see the action too. Even traffic was a non-event.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Hayes View Post
I was there, it was awesome. Go!

The only issues were that the merch and food stands were overwhelmed. Everything else was amazing. Lots of great spots to see the action too. Even traffic was a non-event.
I'm jealous. I would have loved to be able to go. You do a grandstand or GA?
Old 11-19-2012, 12:58 PM

I was in the T12 bleachers.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:22 PM

We had a few friends over to watch it. I agree Micah - it was fantastic to watch. We will probably consider going at some point - especially if they keep it in November when it isn't too hot.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol2020 View Post
We had a few friends over to watch it. I agree Micah - it was fantastic to watch. We will probably consider going at some point - especially if they keep it in November when it isn't too hot.
Yeah, what were race day temps? Around the 80 mark? That's about perfect. From the sound of it the facility and Austin were top notch. I'd imagine it'll only get better next year with more preparation and development. You ever been to a race?

I prolly still won't be able to swing the trip to Austin next year but I am going to do my best to make Montreal happen. Its the last year of the V8s and I want to hear them with my own ears.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:33 PM

You have to hear them with your own ears (bring ear plugs). My wife and I were fortunate enough to catch them twice this year (the other was Monaco) even though we had never seen F1 live before. It is something you have to do at least once in your lifetime imo and my wife who is not really into cars would agree. Between Monaco and Austin I would recommend Austin and I think that says a lot. Only the surrounding ambiance of Monaco is better. Austin is a much better way to see and enjoy the cars and the race.

In the mornings it was chilly enough to need a jacket. Sitting in the sun it felt about 75-80 but I think it was generally cooler due to a nice breeze.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:50 PM

Man, I wanted to go to this thing! I've never been to an F1 race!

Couple of my friends went to Austin this weekend for the race and I'm so freakin jealous!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:33 PM

We had suites from T19 and T20 so we got to see the cars coming in hot into T19 and have to deal with grip issues all practice!

What an awesome track and venue. I am now definitely keeping my home in Austin. This event will do wonders for Austin.

Only other track I have seen live was Hockenheim and IMO the Austin track had better vantage points for the race viewers.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donblackie View Post
We had suites from T19 and T20 so we got to see the cars coming in hot into T19 and have to deal with grip issues all practice!

What an awesome track and venue. I am now definitely keeping my home in Austin. This event will do wonders for Austin.

Only other track I have seen live was Hockenheim and IMO the Austin track had better vantage points for the race viewers.
It was pretty fun watching them fight for traction in the practice rounds. Looked like it got at least mildly rubbered in for Sunday. Not as bad as P1, that's for sure The move by Ferrari made me chuckle.

It's interesting hearing that you and Hayes both preferred Austin over Hockenheim and Monaco. That's really something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Other > Anything and Everything

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.