Negotiating Huracan price - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2017, 06:24 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Negotiating Huracan price

I'm about ready to finally purchase a 2017 Huracan the dealer has in stock. My question is .......for those of you who have already purchased a Huracan, how flexible has the dealer been on the final price? It seems like just about every car I buy is in high demand and there is no price negotiating.
Many thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2017, 06:47 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Is this with or without a trade, if without a trade, then yes you can negotiate from the MSRP, if you have a trade then you negotiate your trade-in value. When negotiating off the MSRP it depends upon a few factors, usually a new floor model is spec'd out to sell verses a special order which can come with a plethora of options. Im thinking a 5% off MSRP could be done...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-20-2017, 08:15 AM
Supporting Vendor

Go in with a mindset of you don't need the car and then start to nego.
It took me a week to knock off 14K of the asking price on a used 2015.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram shardul_amg

Old 04-20-2017, 04:51 PM

I just bought a new huracan about a month ago. Now mine was a '15 still at the dealer and they desperately wanted to get rid of it. However they didn't want to get rid of it at the price I offered via email. I said I'd come down and look at it. So I went in to take a look and test it. I went back home to think about if I wanted to offer more. I did not, so I emailed them back and said my offer still stands and that was it. They replied about an hour later and said can I pay for it today if they where to do the price I offered. I said yep, and that was the end of it, new car for me.

Now my offer for a new car was pretty low, probably even insulting to some, however it wasn't that I wanted to low ball them. It was just the max I was willing to pay for a Huracan and was expecting to get a used one, this one just happened to be at the dealer still so I took a shot and it worked, I really wasn't expecting them to take the offer. The odd thing is they got this car in late '15 and at the time I guess they where still selling above msrp, they had an offer at msrp when they got it in and passed on it, 18 months later it's still there and I come strolling in.

So what I'm getting at here is set a price you are willing to pay with the options you want and lower that price if it is missing some options you want but still would take the car if it's at a better price. Also don't over looked used cars or a new '16. A new '17 might not get you a big discount but a new '16 still on the lot will. Don't be afraid to walk away either there's more than one car available, it's really no different than negotiating with any other car sale. Good luck and hope it all works out for you.

Last edited by blb078; 04-20-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blb078 View Post
I just bought a new huracan about a month ago. Now mine was a '15 still at the dealer and they desperately wanted to get rid of it. However they didn't want to get rid of it at the price I offered via email. I said I'd come down and look at it. So I went in to take a look and test it. I went back home to think about if I wanted to offer more. I did not, so I emailed them back and said my offer still stands and that was it. They replied about an hour later and said can I pay for it today if they where to do the price I offered. I said yep, and that was the end of it, new car for me.

Now my offer for a new car was pretty low, probably even insulting to some, however it wasn't that I wanted to low ball them. It was just the max I was willing to pay for a Huracan and was expecting to get a used one, this one just happened to be at the dealer still so I took a shot and it worked, I really wasn't expecting them to take the offer. The odd thing is they got this car in late '15 and at the time I guess they where still selling above msrp, they had an offer at msrp when they got it in and passed on it, 18 months later it's still there and I come strolling in.

So what I'm getting at here is set a price you are willing to pay with the options you want and lower that price if it is missing some options you want but still would take the car if it's at a better price. Also don't over looked used cars or a new '16. A new '17 might not get you a big discount but a new '16 still on the lot will. Don't be afraid to walk away either there's more than one car available, it's really no different than negotiating with any other car sale. Good luck and hope it all works out for you.
I'm sure i'm not the only one wondering..what was the offer?! lol
Old 04-20-2017, 07:46 PM

Many thanks to all you guys that took the time to reply!
Old 04-20-2017, 08:17 PM

Like others have posted, you should take your time and don't be over anxious to pick one up quickly. You should be able to find what the market is on the car you want by working with several dealer and or private sellers. It takes time but is worth it for the peace of mind to understand where things sit.

For example, when I was searching I looked at both new and used...aprox. 12 months after the release of the '15. On average, I found discounts on new '16 models in the range of 10-15% off MSRP. Even at this discount however, it was not enough to for me to move from a used sample that met every need, e.g. condition, mileage, options, etc. I was willing to take a car with 1k miles vs. driving a new model out and immediately take a hit on top of the discount received.

It's a relatively small market for these cars...you will figure out your negotiating room pretty quick.

Cheers!
Old 04-21-2017, 09:32 AM

Since Huracan's have been out for a while now, what has the depreciation been? There should be enough data for Year 1 and Year 2 depreciation percentage.
'06 Murci
'01 Lotus Esprit V8
'00 Lotus Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916
Old 04-23-2017, 09:17 AM

I got 22k off sticker on a current model year 16 in February 2016.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:51 AM

I got 10% off a 2017, but was last day of the year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.