Lamborghini Talk banner

Excell Auto Group

7K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  M3EvoBR 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with Excell Auto Group in Boca Raton, FL? They have a Gallardo I am considering.

Thanks

#2 ·
I did in 2006.... Great guys. Scott Zankl was the owner then. After viewing the car on the web made a few phone calls and the rest history. Probably one of the easiest vehicle purchase I have made. I did make a trip to look in person and the car was exactly as advertised. It was a Porsche though. I didn't make a Lambo purchase from them just because I felt Kevin @ Roy's had the best knowledge and availability in the business.

I would fell confident in buying the G if it's what you are looking for. Make sure you get a ppi before contracting to purchase. $$ well spent on the front end.:wave:

Good luck post some pics if you get it!!

#3 ·
I wish I could say I had a pleasurable experience in dealing with Excell Auto Group but unfortunately I can’t. I purchased a 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo from Excell Auto Group in August 2009 and dealt directly with the owner Scott Zankl. Scott Zankl is very cordial and comes off as someone you can trust when you meet him, but he certainly has not treated me well. When I purchased the car, I trusted him because he seemed like such a nice guy and did not engage in high pressure sales tactics. Multiple times during the sales process he made the point of saying that he always takes care of his customers after the sale. However, he won’t return my phone calls or respond to my emails despite many attempts to contact him. When I purchased the car, one of the wheels was missing a center cap and Scott said he would get it to me within a few days, and I have a document stating that he owes me this. It has been over 4 months now and he has ignored the requests and I have now given up asking for the missing part. The amazing fact is that the center cap is an inexpensive item and he is willing to upset a customer over something that costs so little. In terms of the car itself, the Egear pump was going bad when he sold the car to me as it occasionally refused to shift and would not shift multiple gears at one time. Since this was the only Gallardo I had ever driven, I did not realize anything was wrong with the car but rather thought it was typical of an Egear. The Egear pump failed shortly after I purchased the car leaving the car inoperable. The mileage recorded on the title from when Excell Auto Group received the car to when they sold it to me indicates they put a few hundred miles on the car while they had it so they would have almost certainly experienced the malfunctioning Egear as well. Although I can’t be certain, I would be lead to believe that Excell Auto knew about the problem that existed but sold me the car anyway. The car had no warranty when I purchased it so Excell Auto was not obligated to fix the car, and I didn’t even try to contact them about this issue seeing as how Scott ignored my previous attempts to contact him.

On the positive side, I dealt with Brian Sherry at Lamborghini Palm Beach to fix the issues with the Egear and he did an outstanding job getting my problem fixed. I would recommend him to anyone who needs service in the West Palm Beach area.

#4 ·
Sorry to hear your experience was nightmarish, to say the least. I'm with you on the center cap, I can't understand why Scott would jeopardize his reputation over a very insignificant issue.

Did you get a ppi?

If so did the ppi indicate any problems associated with the egear pump? What about the clutch readings, did you get the numbers on that?

Anyone else out there??

#8 ·
I know what you mean with buying on the spot. I had the same reaction... Actually we have the same color scheme. Sweet ride ;)

The black rims just make the silver cars HAPPEN.

#11 ·
Hi Guys, I'm new here, recently bought a 2007 Pearl White Gallardo from Excell.
We (me and my partner) buy cars from Scott, for a few years now.
I bought 2 cars from him and one thru him and my partner bought 4 cars from him. the last one last week a yellow 360 Stradale. Probably the nicest Stradale that I have ever seen and I brought the car to the shop who takes care of my track car (Porsche GT2) and he said that this was the newest Stradale he ever saw around.
Always had great experience with them. Painless and fast transactions.

So far so good. I hope my Gallardo keeps up with my expectations.

Eddie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.