Lamborghini Talk banner

Where are all those old dreamers ?

5K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  Jhill9 
#1 ·
While I love reading stories of owners and dreamers I've just gone through almost all the pages in this dreamers forum.
I've read A LOT of stories of people that were about to purchase their dream car in for example 3 years etc.
From all those dreamers who started their topic several years ago, I'm still waiting for the first one who actually made it and did the purchase.
What happened guys ? Did you gave up ?
I even created a post here somewhere just recently in which I stated to make the purchase of an exotic in about 2-2,5 years and I'm still working towards that goal which I will achieve. :D

#2 ·
I wonder the same thing, I'm waiting on "TheAviator" who was very into the forums and ask A LOT of lambo questions to buy his lambo and or post an update or another question etc. Like he gave up or something. Granted some might have hit success and got a lambo and is to busy cruising to care to post anything, I understand that. But I bet 85% of dreamer's who posted won't get a lambo in their life time. Sad fact but probably true.

#5 ·
. But I bet 85% of dreamer's who posted won't get a lambo in their life time. Sad fact but probably true.
More like 99.9% of these people won't ever have an exotic car. It took me 9 years to save up, but I didn't post here much during that time because its a joke. Yes, its a dreamers forum not a doers forum. Geez, how many future internet moguls have run through here.....few of these unfortunates have a coherent plan.

Life hits you back pretty hard, I have a reasonably good job (Engineer with 20+ years experience) and it still took a long time.

Make a plan, learn new skills, develop realistic revenue streams. Yes, it took me 9 years to buy the first one (early this year), but now I have $80k in the fund for the next one already because the revenue streams that took so long to develop are still in place.

#3 ·
The only 2 I remember off the top of my head are gvan and toofdoc, but let's get real those guys aren't BS'ers and are the real deal. They are more 'doers' than 'dreamers' but personally I think the dreamers section does more harm than good, or it could be a product of the current generation of kids somehow thinking delusionally will make them successful. As for TheAviator, I don't think he was too serious about owning a Lambo, certainly wasn't by 'passion' but rather an ulterior motive to score chicks, and trying to recapture his youth-rockstar glory days amidst confronting his middle aged crisis. Whew, felt good to rant, lmao.

#4 ·
We recommended this section because some of us like to give tips and encouragement to dreamers, while most of us get sick of the daydreamers making a ton of threads in the general section. With its own section, you don't have to look at the dreamer posts if you are not into them.

I was, and am, a dreamer, so I like looking at this section from time to time.

#13 ·
I agree with you there, heck don't get me wrong for I am a dreamer as well. But it's those people who come on here and lie and/or are very delusional, in the end it only hurts themselves and I speak from first hand experience. "How to get a Lamborghini" is afterall quite a big puzzle, much like life.

#7 ·
Still here as well.

Went from making $14 an hour or something when i first posted here - going down for over six figures this year and continuing to develop a large venture with a new team.

Some of us are just busy, making that dream a reality :)

#8 ·
I enjoy the dreamers posts. Makes me think back when, and appreciate what I have.

#10 ·
Still a dreamer, but getting there. I love to read all the posts, if there is anything I can put my input in, I do, but I keep my nose out of things that don't need my opinion. (Billys Gallardo was a good example).

I've been dumping money into my 2400sqft outbuilding to get it ready for a G (probably $40K so far) and bought a Ford Raptor, which put a dent in the wallet, also finishing up the twin turbos on my M5. So things are still progressing, but there isn't a G in my garage yet, so still a dreamer.

I do appreciate you guys dealing with us and our ridiculous questions.

#11 · (Edited)
Old dreamer here who just bought my 04 G last week. I joined this forum back in 07 as a clueless 23 yr old making $30k /yr. I had no idea how I would get my G back then, but I knew one day I would.

To make a VERY long story short, my hours got cut at my $30k /yr day job (architecture) in 2009 due to economic conditions. So I had to go out on my own and figure out how to make more money to pay my bills.

I started my own business designing websites for local businesses in my area. That slowly transformed into teaching others how to design websites for profit (consulting + my own info products), which turned into building my own website templates and software programs for web designers, selling that business etc. 5 years later I have a business that I do very well with and revenue has doubled every year.

It was extremely tough in the beginning and there were times I had less than $500 in my bank account. Working 7 days /wk, 12-15 hour days were the norm as well for the first couple years. Worked my freakin ASS off for those first 2-3 yrs.

5 years and 2 months later, I was finally in a position to buy my dream car early this month.

The old dreamers are out there but we are few and far between. For most people it will only be "just a dream". Very few will actually figure out what it takes to get one of these cars, then actually do what it takes to get it.

Unless you're born into money, it takes years of hard work and dedication. But it can be done!

BTW, this is the car I just bought. Waiting for delivery!

Used 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo For Sale in Dallas, TX | VIN: ZHWGU11S94LA00120

#14 ·
Thanks :) I should also add that despite the need to pay my bills, I was literally OBSESSED with one day owning a Gallardo. I never lost sight of that dream, no matter how hard times were or how broke I was.

Sure, other priorities took first place such as paying the mortgage, having a reliable daily driver, paying the light bill, hosting bill, contractors, investing in the business etc.

But when the time came when I could finally afford it, the obsession was still there, as strong as day one. I also think that has a lot to do with it. You need to really want it bad enough to the point where you become obsessed with it and will do anything to get it. Like any big goal really.

Anyways...glad I could contribute with my story. I plan on posting a lot more when I actually GET the car. It's still not real to me yet and delivery seems like it's taking forever lol

#17 ·
I'm still here working and slaving daily....even though some of mine dreams came true...I will always have new "dreams" (i.e. goals). Always have goals...the days we stop setting up and attempt to achieve our goals, that's the day we die.

#liveyourdreams

#21 ·
I am new to this forum but have been on the Viper forums for years. (I see some familiar screen names).

My dream was always a Viper because that was more practical of a dream because it was a lot cheaper than a lambo (dream was achieved over 4 years ago). But as I get older priorities and everything change. I remember when I used to think 100K a year was a lot of money. Then you buy a house, have a family and realize 100k does not go as far as you thought it would when you were in college.

Going through rough financial times many years ago I started a new rule for myself. That I would only live off of 10% of what I make and invest the other 90%. Now that my investments have finally grown enough that I could easily buy any car I want, I still think about how hard it was to get to where I am today. Do I spend 150-500K on a depreciating asset (I know not everyone's car is depreciating) or do I invest that money and make even more money next year.

I hope to have a lambo in the garage by the end of next year but I have to find a way to kick the girlfriends car out of the garage first. Any suggestions how to accomplish that?

#25 ·
If it's a 4 car garage then the next logical step is to still have available your 3 of 4 car space, leave hers alone and comprimise on which of the 3 is the least important and replace that with the lambo. Problem solved. I told my significant other that the next house we move into will be smaller home with a double garage, and that space is ALL MINE, she can have the kitchen and do whatever the hell she wants with it. She agreed so I'm happy.

#27 ·
When I bought the house 2 years ago I thought I would be set with a 4 car. I am amazed how fast it filled up.

Bay 1 - Viper
Bay 2 - Truck
Bay 3 - GF SUV
Bay 4 - Fish aquarium stuff and power tools (I work in construction, can't get rid of tools)

I wish the ceiling was higher so I could put in a lift to create more space.

#29 ·
No matter how much space/garage space you have, you want more. I moved from a 2.5 car garage to a 4.5 care garage and promptly filled it up. Now I'm finishing up a 2400sqft shed (6" concrete floors, bathroom, office, Heat/AC, lift etc.). I'll probably fill that up in a year or 2 and need an addition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.