What do you do for a living? - Page 4 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Dreamers Forum

Dreamers Forum Kids This Is For You!

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 02:20 PM

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLimit View Post
I couldn't agree more. It's really nice to know that there are some decent young adults still out there.

From one adult to another, best of luck, Verde.
I was really trying to stay as a forum lurker here, but this statement struck out at me, so I now I feel obligated to reply.

There are a number of us young adults who hold integrity, discipline, and priorities over everything else (partying, being lazy, et al.) Most don't see us, because we're typically occupied with our busy schedules.

I myself can attest to that statement, and I know few others like me. I suppose the point I'm attempting to convey is that hope is not entirely lost with future generations.

A name isn't everything, nor is a degree in this day and age.

Last edited by solidhadriel; 01-07-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 09:24 PM

Was bouta ask this after i just signed up, but yea i was motivate by Robert himler, then now i start picking up some web design, photography videography skills. Like one of my goal is own a lambo before im 25, and im 16 now, just started my youtube channel BULLYMODS Present THE FAST LIFE - YouTube check it out if you guys can, i mostly will post cars videos, i been around the bimmer driver for like a year now, m3 e92 is one of my dream car and im trying to afford one in 3 years, luckly i have a friend that own a m3 e92 space grey and he always let me ride inside when he take the car out, and i always like to take videos of his car. So yea, check out my channel if you guys can, that will help me to achieve my goal one day hahah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmproduction View Post
Was bouta ask this after i just signed up, but yea i was motivate by Robert himler, then now i start picking up some web design, photography videography skills. Like one of my goal is own a lambo before im 25, and im 16 now, just started my youtube channel BULLYMODS Present THE FAST LIFE - YouTube check it out if you guys can, i mostly will post cars videos, i been around the bimmer driver for like a year now, m3 e92 is one of my dream car and im trying to afford one in 3 years, luckly i have a friend that own a m3 e92 space grey and he always let me ride inside when he take the car out, and i always like to take videos of his car. So yea, check out my channel if you guys can, that will help me to achieve my goal one day hahah
At 16 years old, you should define and prioritize your goals. Set weekly/monthly/yearly goals and pursue them. Make sure to stay on top of them, remain focused, and don't let them slip. Its easy to get lazy, especially with long-term goals.

I'd be a hypocrite if I told you to not set a goal that far out (own your lambo by 25). I made a goal (when I was actually around your age) of purchasing a house by the age of 21. I accomplished that feat. All things are possible, but you really need to commit, plan, and pursue.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:52 AM

Thanks for the words, really good advice, yea buying a house when im 21 is one of my goal too lol.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
Its easy to get lazy, especially with long-term goals.
I concur. I keep getting lazy with my youtube channel. Although having no power for a week from a hurricane doesn't help.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentownage001 View Post
I concur. I keep getting lazy with my youtube channel. Although having no power for a week from a hurricane doesn't help.
I don't want to sound like I'm apathetic about the hurricane situation, but having a week of downtime from a 5 year goal shouldn't impact it.

(If anything, it'd make me push harder to reach my goals sooner.)

Best of luck.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmproduction View Post
Thanks for the words, really good advice, yea buying a house when im 21 is one of my goal too lol.
Well you don't get there on hopes and wishes. You really got to define a strategy now, visualize your success and get addicted to the chase.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
I don't want to sound like I'm apathetic about the hurricane situation, but having a week of downtime from a 5 year goal shouldn't impact it.

(If anything, it'd make me push harder to reach my goals sooner.)

Best of luck.
I know. I had some videos I was going to make but when I got power back I just wanted to play AC3 and Halo 4.

Funnily enough, I have to write a personal essay for English about one of my beliefs. I was going to do "Nobody is entitled to anything, you have to work for it." But then I changed it to "Success is like respect, it is not a birthright." Thank you internet. I saved the second one and a couple other quotes in my notes on my phone so whenever I open it I see them.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:23 PM

Very encouraging to see posts from Verde and Solidhadriel. I know I wasn't nearly as focused when I was closing in on 20. I believe there's a lot of truth in the saying, "to live is to change, and to live well is to have changed many times." Not sure that reinventing yourself is necessarily required, but being flexible and passionate surely has been in my case. When I bought my G three years ago, I can honestly say that it was spontaneous. In fact, I'd never seen one up close or driven one until the day I walked in the dealership, and left having signed a contract. Later that same day, I drove out in my new car. So, for me -- who pretty much plans everything -- this was pretty exciting. And, three years later, I can honestly say that my feelings for the car are stronger now than they were when I bought it. Hope that both of you enjoy the journey ahead, whether it's in a Lambo or any other car.

2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
2008 Mercedes S550
2012 Mini Convertible
2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 w/Cummins 6.7L
2012 28' Airstream International Signature
Old 11-19-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by first44 View Post
Very encouraging to see posts from Verde and Solidhadriel. I know I wasn't nearly as focused when I was closing in on 20. I believe there's a lot of truth in the saying, "to live is to change, and to live well is to have changed many times." Not sure that reinventing yourself is necessarily required, but being flexible and passionate surely has been in my case. When I bought my G three years ago, I can honestly say that it was spontaneous. In fact, I'd never seen one up close or driven one until the day I walked in the dealership, and left having signed a contract. Later that same day, I drove out in my new car. So, for me -- who pretty much plans everything -- this was pretty exciting. And, three years later, I can honestly say that my feelings for the car are stronger now than they were when I bought it. Hope that both of you enjoy the journey ahead, whether it's in a Lambo or any other car.
I'm an aviation fanatic. I don't think there's a greater feeling in the world than tumbling through the sky & hitting some negative Gs. (If you haven't done it, and you have the stomach for it, I highly suggest going up for an aerobatic flight. It'll change the way you see the world...)

My next purchase will likely be a single-engine high-performance aircraft, as soon as I'm done with my private pilots license.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Dreamers Forum

Tags
afford, business, career, job, wealthy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.