End of a chapter - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Dreamers Forum

Dreamers Forum Kids This Is For You!

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 10:12 PM

Gallery: 0
Default End of a chapter

So today I received my final high school marks.

I ranked in the top 4.65% of students in the country.

My parents and I were quite disappointed, but oh well.

This score will get my into my first preference of course at university in the next year - a Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science double degree at the Australian National University.

It's a 4 year course and at its denouement, I will either begin working in the banking/finance sector, or move on to further education (law or medicine, hopefully at Harvard).

I'm looking forward to the future eagerly and can't wait to embark on the next chapter of my life.

I hope there is a Lamborghini tucked away somewhere for me!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 08:11 AM

Congratulations. Top 5% is a good census to be in.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:22 AM

That is great man. No matter what your parents think, you should be very proud.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:43 AM

Nice job. Keep pushing it the next few years and you'll have positioned yourself nicely.

It's amazing how many people in college are lazy. If you have some smarts (sounds like you do) and motivation, it isn't hard to make yourself stand out.

Just finished my Fall semester on Friday, instantly the weights were lifted right off my shoulders.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
Congratulations. Top 5% is a good census to be in.
Being in the top 5% isn't too bad, but I really messed up during exams. I ranked in the top 0.1% of my country for one of my four subjects, English, but didn't do almost as well for the others. Still, I'm not complaining - as I will get into the course of my choice easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondoggy View Post
That is great man. No matter what your parents think, you should be very proud.
Thank you, they are quite proud, although they were expecting me to do a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpusch View Post
Nice job. Keep pushing it the next few years and you'll have positioned yourself nicely.

It's amazing how many people in college are lazy. If you have some smarts (sounds like you do) and motivation, it isn't hard to make yourself stand out.

Just finished my Fall semester on Friday, instantly the weights were lifted right off my shoulders.
Thanks for the kind words - I intend to work very hard during my university studies. Congratulations on finishing up, and I definitely know what you mean by the weight being lifted off your shoulders!
Old 12-20-2012, 02:16 PM

Top 4.65% is more than good!

Good luck in Uni!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:05 PM

Congratulations! You should be thrilled! Hope everything goes as you want!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Gold Site Supporter

Remember this:

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan “press on” has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race” ~ Calvin Coolidge (30th President of the US, 1923-1929)

Cincy
Old 01-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

[QUOTE=Verde;233402]So today I received my final high school marks.

CONGRATS Verde!! Wow..your parents are tough! You should be extremely proud of yourself!

I was brought up in a pretty strict (Military family w/ Warrant Officer -Pilot (Father) & Brig. General (Grandfather) and I can tell you that intelligence is NOT necessarily based on a test score or ranking (albeit...you don't have this problem)...just curious as to what your parents ranked in the country??
Old 01-26-2013, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topspeed View Post
Top 4.65% is more than good!

Good luck in Uni!
Thanks very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klintan View Post
Congratulations! You should be thrilled! Hope everything goes as you want!
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy2 View Post
Remember this:

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan “press on” has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race” ~ Calvin Coolidge (30th President of the US, 1923-1929)

Cincy
I really love that quote, it really is true and something to live by.

[quote=Rhys;237988]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde View Post
So today I received my final high school marks.

CONGRATS Verde!! Wow..your parents are tough! You should be extremely proud of yourself!

I was brought up in a pretty strict (Military family w/ Warrant Officer -Pilot (Father) & Brig. General (Grandfather) and I can tell you that intelligence is NOT necessarily based on a test score or ranking (albeit...you don't have this problem)...just curious as to what your parents ranked in the country??
Thanks very much!

My parents are very proud of me, but they were surprised that I ranked in the top 4.65% considering I was well on track to ranking in the top 1% at minimum. I was also quite surprised, to be honest.

Wow - it sounds like your family would have been very strict! You're absolutely right about intelligence not being based on a test score or ranking though.

My parents were actually born in Bulgaria to Turkish families. My mum moved to Turkey with her family in her teens and my dad left Bulgaria and moved around Europe for a few years (he actually spent a few years in Italy) before moving to Turkey and meeting my mum. They then got married and moved here.

They're very hard-working small business owners and really value education. That's why I was lucky enough to go to high-school at the first or second I think most expensive private schools in Australia.

I accepted an offer from The University of Melbourne in their Bachelor of Commerce degree.

It's the number 1 university in Australia and their BComm degree is number 1 in all of Asia-Pacific, I believe. I feel so proud to be able to see that I'm doing this prestigious degree after graduating from one of the most elite private schools in the country. I say that with absolute humility, by the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Dreamers Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.