Audi R8 temptation. The Apex Situation - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Dreamers Forum

Dreamers Forum Kids This Is For You!

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2016, 06:13 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Audi R8 temptation. The Apex Situation

Hello gentlemen, I am back seeking you all's advice and experiences.
Once I get a good full time job with benefits I will consider finally purchasing a super car. Most know me here but I'll give a very quick breakdown

~Strong investments in stock market
~Paid off house
~Married
~25 years old
~Cars paid off
(So yes I bought a benz, I purchased it but its my "wifes car" I take it as I please though).

So my number 1 issue is having a stable job with benefits.
So as time goes on without purchasing a Gallardo I have looked into several other cars, including Mclarens. As I grow older I realize the benefits of putting money into .. well money making oppertunities, such as real estate, land, stocks etc. So I am now tempted for a R8 so I have extra cash to spend elsewhere. I always overlooked R8's but I am finally looking into them and I like what I see.
#1. I like how they look (2017's don't look quite as good).
#2. I could get a newer model say a 2011 R8 instead of a 04 Gallardo for example for 100k.
#3. R8's look gooood.
#4. Haven't looked to in depth but 0-60s seem solid before this years insane aventador beating times.
#5. It can have a V10
#6. Less expensive maintenance and insurance
#7. In my city there is no lambo or high end exotic dealership so I would have to travel to get lambo worked on. While I have an Audi dealership minutes away.
#8. Simply less stressful to get a R8
#9. More "stealth", I could park it without near as much worry.

Now I will always stay on this forum and I'll never join another so y'all get keep me, so no worries
So now I ask for y'alls opinions, those who have owned both or an R8 what is the difference? Why is a Gallardo better other than looks and the badge?

I still LOVE lambo's and one day I would like to own one but being young and in the city I am in the R8 is tempting. I am not set and stone at all but the R8 is a tempting car. lambo's are still my favorite car but I am not 100% committed to them. Am I settling for less? A lot of it is opinion based but I would like to know what I am missing out on if I bought an R8.

I am not here to discuss jobs or what I've done in past, unless someone wants to hire me lol

Sooooo let me have it!

"Women choose an S Line over a V line"
~2016 CLA Benz Orange Edition.... Because I make bad choices. (Pics at request)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2016, 08:17 PM

Wow you are only 25 and already paid off the house, paid off car and have money in investment? Congrats man. When I was 25 I was a lost soul and homeless.
Well, I don't think I'm even qualify to give u input on the G or the R8 for I have not own neither one, but if you are a Lamborghini guy (like myself) then there's nothing going to scratch your itch until you're riding the bull lol. There are plentiful exotic cars where I live and I love all different brand but something about Lamborghini that always feel much more SPECIAL, much more appealing, and strikingly epic with its road presence. I turn to look at other cars, for Lamborghini I snap my neck for it , my advice...don't get the R8! Wait it out to get your hands on the Bull. You are young and time is on your side.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-15-2016, 10:27 PM

Second this. I loved the Lambo so much I bought a second one

Old 11-16-2016, 03:43 PM

Thanks for the responses gentlemen! I figured lambo would be the primary choice here. I am curious still on why a gallardo would be a better choice, I assume lambo is louder and looks sexy but financially the R8 is very appealing.

Looking forward to more feedback

Old 11-16-2016, 05:00 PM

2004 Gallardo 6 speed with many appearance mods
Old 11-16-2016, 07:48 PM

Well Apex I think you can buy a G for what you would pay for an R8. I like the audi also but what do you think it will be worth 10 or 20 years from now?The early Gallardos are starting to bottom out on the depreciation cycle so should be good buys for future value. As you know, it is not how much you pay for something but what it is worth in the future. That is why I like the old ones. They have nowhere to go but up. Also I love to work on and modify old cars. It is my entertainment. If I can break even or make money and have fun, what is better than that. I have started looking at older Gs and Murcies for their future potential. I missed the boat on Diablos. They went from 70 to 240 in a blink. When someone asks what my hobby is , I say working on old cars . When they say what kind I say Lambo. All of a sudden they are all ears and questions. When you say R8 most people will go what is an R8? Why settle for less. Just buy an older car in need of some tlc and make it amazing. It is more fun anyway. Lee PS When I bought my first Ferrari it was the most fun I had enjoyed with a car in my life so go for it. Lee
2006 Hummer SUT
2005 Hummer SUV

Last edited by Lee T; 11-16-2016 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:16 AM

Lol you and I are in the same predicament. I always have that battle in my head. When it's time to pull the trigger, I'm gonna go with the lambo. More power and sex appeal haha. Plus I've wanted one for over 10 years, so I don't want to betray myself
Old 11-20-2016, 09:04 PM

Apex.....You've been on this forum for quite awhile now. All this time I know you've always had the passion for a Gallardo. You are a hard working guy and are very disciplined and look at the great position you have gotten yourself into. You also mentioned before that you could afford to buy a Lambo, but you disciplined yourself not to and held yourself firm to wait for the right time. My point is that you came this far, I honestly think you should hold out for the G.

I was reading your list to justify an R8, but when I got to your 3rd to last sentence in your post, I can see you still have the passion for the G. My question to you is: If you bought the R8, do you think you would feel a "void" and sold yourself short for the car that you've always wanted which is the G? Do you think you'd own and drive the R8 for awhile and feel that you should've waited and bought the G instead? Plus by settling for the R8, you have set yourself further back from G ownership? I honestly think that would be the way I would feel. My opinion is to hold out for what you really want since you've sacrificed so much for so long, and have come this far. It's obviously apparent that the Gallardo is still the holy grail for you.

Best of luck on whatever you decide though, and I hope you do what makes you happy!

Last edited by Bxtech; 11-20-2016 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:04 PM

thank you for the responses.

Lee T- I agree I could get a G for the price of an R8 but the running cost and ease of maintenance work makes me tempted for the R8 purchase. I haven't researched into the R8 market value for depreciation. I figured most bottom out around 70k but perhaps I am dead wrong. I am not much of a "hands on" guy with my car, like I don't modify it myself or do I hardly pay to modify stock cars as well.

Thanks for the kind words Bxtech, the thing is I don't know if I will feel a void if I got an R8 instead of a Gallardo. I LOVE lambo's but I was never DEAD set on a lambo. I would love a gallardo instead but as time goes on and I get older I realize I don't want to spend to much money on a car, I'd rather put the money elsewhere, that being said the R8 would hit my super car desires ( I hope) and I can save money so its a win win. I would like a larger house and I could use the money I would save over time on a Gallardo on the house. That being said I am not committed to either car atm but I am curious on the downside of the R8 (other than perhaps depreciation that was bought up). Nobody yet has answered the question of why in general the R8 is worse than a Gallardo. You're right though bxTech I love the Gallardo and I don't want to settle for less.... But my gamble is that I'll love the R8 and not feel any remorse and save money. This is all in the future though, stock market could somehow crash (looks really good atm) and I could be driving a honda, who knows lol.

Old 11-21-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowTheReaper View Post
Lol you and I are in the same predicament. I always have that battle in my head. When it's time to pull the trigger, I'm gonna go with the lambo. More power and sex appeal haha. Plus I've wanted one for over 10 years, so I don't want to betray myself
I agree the lambo has more sex appeal but would it technically have more power? Pending the lambo you get, the R8 could be faster.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Dreamers Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.