Lamborghini Talk banner

New Aventador! Question About Clutch

8K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  TerribleExpert 
#1 ·
Hello!

I just took delivery of my 2015 Roadster yesterday. Just took her out with the father in law and gave her a bit of stick in Corsa mode, for about 5 minutes, came to a junction and stopped, but then went to pull out and really had to get it over 2000 rev's before it moved, odd. Tried Sport, same thing.

Once going all was fine, gear changes are fine, just wondering if anyone has experienced this before or knows why, its almost like clutch slip but she's only done 900 miles!!

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
Can the point of contact be adjusted like it can in the egear? my murci was once miss adjusted and you would need to get the revs quite high to get the car moving, I think some people have this done if they have trouble with the car bucking from a stand still, it can also go the other direction where you get clutch activation before the revs get high enough.

#4 ·
Hi

No I didn't, I asked for one but forgot to chase it up. It came from a main dealer so I imagine all is well, surely they check these things.....! Plus only 900 miles.

It only did it after she stretched her legs so to speak.

I'll give it another go over the coming days and see if it's the same.

Thanks for your help :)

#10 ·
Hi We got our new A recently. We have the same things to report as well.

1. From what we are given to understand is that you have to break in the clutch -do slow starts in 1st gear build up the engine rpm instead of mashing the throttle. This will help you learn the contact point and let the "clutch material" adapt to the driving conditions you are going to be frequently subjecting it to.

2. You may want to get a clutch value if you see an overheat message.

3. If the problem persists may want to get a transmission fluid change / clutch set up at your Dealer.

4. We are not as experienced as the Registered Workshops on here, however it helped us to give a 1/4 throttle pedal depression to get the clutch to engage and accept the response we were giving it.

5. This issue is more profound when coming over bumps slowly since the clutch does not know what to do and we saw a sufficient over-rev before moving - we have learnt to give it just a bit of a feather before a firm push to get the car going.

6. You may want to try the M button on your A and put it in Strada - that way you may slowly get used to this clutch point curve - that's how we started driving.

7. We feel that the First Gear is among the most temperamental with the clutch and while browsing through the forums, have understood that it may be a huge source of clutch burn and overheat messages (yeah the beep that comes from your odo / instrument cluster.

Hope our experience has helped you to think the issue through, and if you still are not satisfied with the way the car pulls away, get the dealer to put it on a tow and check out the issues in point 2 / 3.

As a reassurance this problem does subside over time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.