help with a new aventador!!! - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Aventador

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 08:29 AM

Gallery: 0

Was there any resolution to this?

I now have the same problem, catalyst overheat warning, came on when just cruising on the highway about 70 mph. Total loss of power but seems to be fine now.

Car has done over 4k miles and had software update, never had warning before.

Forgot to add, weather was cold.

Last edited by best46you; 11-01-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 04:51 PM

ECU of mine was upgraded last week. Upto now, no problem I have.

Last edited by nightsea; 11-01-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 15

i have none of these issues. but it kind of sounds like ur just driving the car verry hard right out of the shop.....
Old 11-02-2012, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunawafff View Post
i have none of these issues. but it kind of sounds like ur just driving the car verry hard right out of the shop.....
Fahad, you mean to say you didn't?
Old 11-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jef View Post
Fahad, you mean to say you didn't?
ok bust my balls about my spelling..loool

its a wierd car for me.. im not used to all the electronic stuff and gears
Old 11-03-2012, 06:09 PM

Guys check with your dealer. Besides the ECU update there is another 2 recalls.

One for defective crank shaft and the other one for some engine sensor.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:58 PM

Default 2012 Aventador catalytic overheat !!!!

Hello fellow Lamborghini owners, I am having an issue with my 2012 Aventador I get the message "catalytic over heat " when I push it a bit in the highway especially if I've been driving it at a low steady speed for a while.the problem is that there is no dealers I the country I'm in now and I would need to ship it to Europe for service but before I do that I wanted to know if anyone had his or hers fixed after having this issue and how complicated was the fix.thanks guys.

Big AJ
Old 07-16-2014, 06:44 PM

so, did you guys ever find a solution to the problem ?
Old 08-10-2014, 12:38 AM

I'm interested in hearing if there is a resolution as well.

I have a '13 Aventador and I got the 'Catalyst Overheat' message on the center of the screen this morning not long after I started the car. Along with the 'Catalyst Overheat' message, I also saw two icons appear. One of the icons is the yellow skidding car indicating the ESC - Electronic Stability Program activated and the other icon was a yellow 'P' inside of a circle with squiggly lines around the outside of the circle. I was not able to see the second icon in either the Quick Guide or the Owner's Handbook so I don't know the designation (it was low and on the left side). About 15 seconds after the messages appeared, they disappeared.

My car is current on all the software updates and recalls as of late July.

When it happened, I had only started the car (cold start) and let it idle for about 5 minutes and then backed it out of the garage. The messages appeared as I was backing the car down the driveway (car still in Strada mode). The car was not even up to temperature. I got my cell phone out to take a photo to include with an email to the local Lamborghini service department, but the messages disappeared before I could take one. Once the lights went off, I drove the car non-aggressively for about 30 minutes, turning the engine off and back on once during that time (was only in Strada and Sport modes during this time; never Corsa). The messages never reappeared. I sent an email to document this to the local service department and I'll follow up with them on Monday to see if they have seen this issue before.

I had a prior issue where I kept getting the message 'Auxiliary Pump' followed by 'Start Stop Disabled' along with the red 'BRAKE' illuminated. This happened intermittently and at first Lamborghini could not replicate the problem. I took a photo of the dash when it was happening and they were able to see themselves. It turned out to be a bad brake booster pump, which was replaced, and that problem has not reoccurred.

I am surprised at the amount of warranty work and recalls on this car.

Sean
06 CLS55 AMG RENNtech5+
01 Corvette ATI F1-R @ 18 PSI, LS2 416 AFR 225, FAST90, LS2 TB, Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa Indy's, Mezeire, TR7IX, MSD Wires, McLeod Twin, DTE Stage V+, G-Force Trans, Bosch dual fuel, Delphi 95#, catch cans, Brembo, LG coil overs, Hotchkis, BFG DR 345s HRE 547R, DTE Strut, Lfelter Mini-Tub, Hurst Shifter, Methanol, CF Driveshaft, DeWitts Rad, Xenons, T-Shark, line lock, oil cooler, SFI bellhousing
00 Yamaha R6
90 Laser RS

Last edited by Bull Gator; 08-10-2014 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Gator View Post
I'm interested in hearing if there is a resolution as well.

I have a '13 Aventador and I got the 'Catalyst Overheat' message on the center of the screen this morning not long after I started the car. Along with the 'Catalyst Overheat' message, I also saw two icons appear. One of the icons is the yellow skidding car indicating the ESC - Electronic Stability Program activated and the other icon was a yellow 'P' inside of a circle with squiggly lines around the outside of the circle. I was not able to see the second icon in either the Quick Guide or the Owner's Handbook so I don't know the designation (it was low and on the left side). About 15 seconds after the messages appeared, they disappeared.

My car is current on all the software updates and recalls as of late July.

When it happened, I had only started the car (cold start) and let it idle for about 5 minutes and then backed it out of the garage. The messages appeared as I was backing the car down the driveway (car still in Strada mode). The car was not even up to temperature. I got my cell phone out to take a photo to include with an email to the local Lamborghini service department, but the messages disappeared before I could take one. Once the lights went off, I drove the car non-aggressively for about 30 minutes, turning the engine off and back on once during that time (was only in Strada and Sport modes during this time; never Corsa). The messages never reappeared. I sent an email to document this to the local service department and I'll follow up with them on Monday to see if they have seen this issue before.

I had a prior issue where I kept getting the message 'Auxiliary Pump' followed by 'Start Stop Disabled' along with the red 'BRAKE' illuminated. This happened intermittently and at first Lamborghini could not replicate the problem. I took a photo of the dash when it was happening and they were able to see themselves. It turned out to be a bad brake booster pump, which was replaced, and that problem has not reoccurred.

I am surprised at the amount of warranty work and recalls on this car.

Sean

Yes, this car has had quite a few campaigns and transmission issues. It seems to be the reason there's a flood of '12 - '13 on the used car market. My conclusion (IMHO) is that these cars are just not tempered for "round the block" drives. Either you take this car out on the highway/track or leave it at home! I had a Audi R8 V10 prior to my Aventador, and it's a rude awakening how unreliable these lambos are. My R8 had to go in for oil changes, PERIOD. No campaigns, recalls or BS. Sure, this Lambo is on a different stratosphere than the Audi, but who cares if you can't drive it as often? My 2 cents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Aventador

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.