help with a new aventador!!! - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Aventador

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2012, 10:56 AM

Gallery: 0
Default help with a new aventador!!!

Dear fellow members/owners

i am having a nightmare with my brand new aventador. just got the car last week and have been having the same problem when driving it. here are the problems

1. When i switched to corsa mode and drive quite aggressively (not too crazy given that it is a new car) , the "catalytic over-temperature" appear on my display then the car seem to slow down by itself. but when i switched back to sport mode things seem to be back to normal again. however i wanted to see if this always happen when in corsa mode, but unfortunately it did not always happen. then the engine seem to be normal again. this only happen once or twice during each trip. but it happens every time i drive it. it irritates me because the message then go away after a while. what worries me is why this happen and does the fact the car slow down by itself resulted from the cat being over-temperature. i am totally clueless why this happen to a new car. does this happen to anyone of ur car?

2. it happened twice that i cannot start the car normally but having to lock and unlock the car over and over to make sure it start properly. the dealer said sometimes it happens with aventador as the system gets confused.

3. "clutch overheat" message appear when driving up the parking building. then it goes away.

4. is running-in period necessary ?

thank you very much for any of your attention and advice. i havent been able to get enough sleep lately because of all these isuues. quite unfortunate as i have been waiting many months for the car.

again, thank you
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

Im sorry to hear your having these problems with a new car. You are in a bit of an elite group as there are not too many Aventador owners here, but you are the first that i have heard of having any kind of problems. I would have the dealer all over those issues immediately. None of those things you mentioned should be happening.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:05 PM

Welcome to the forum.

We never had any of those issues with our Aventador. Where are you from?

Because we are located in Miami. High temperatures and sometimes a lot of traffic and the car never showed any overheating problems.

Take it back to the dealership and demand a fix for all those issues.. good luck!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-22-2012, 04:40 PM

Ya I would take it to the dealer to check it out.

1 - Afaik the car slows down when you get that message because some components are very hot and could damage them...so it's a safety feature.
Were you driving very hard or in hot weather?

3 - It's using the clutch alot. I heard that using the throttle to balance the car(with paddles shift gearbox) in a uphill is the worst you can do to the clutch (wears faster).

4 - Some people say you don't need...some say it's good to run a break-in period...
Did the dealer say anything about it?
If it was mine I would drive it slow in the first 500 miles at least.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetydegree View Post

i am having a nightmare with my brand new aventador. just got the car last week and have been having the same problem when driving it. here are the problems

1. When i switched to corsa mode and drive quite aggressively (not too crazy given that it is a new car) , the "catalytic over-temperature" appear on my display then the car seem to slow down by itself. but when i switched back to sport mode things seem to be back to normal again. however i wanted to see if this always happen when in corsa mode, but unfortunately it did not always happen. then the engine seem to be normal again. this only happen once or twice during each trip. but it happens every time i drive it. it irritates me because the message then go away after a while. what worries me is why this happen and does the fact the car slow down by itself resulted from the cat being over-temperature. i am totally clueless why this happen to a new car. does this happen to anyone of ur car?

2. it happened twice that i cannot start the car normally but having to lock and unlock the car over and over to make sure it start properly. the dealer said sometimes it happens with aventador as the system gets confused.

3. "clutch overheat" message appear when driving up the parking building. then it goes away.

thank you very much for any of your attention and advice. i havent been able to get enough sleep lately because of all these isuues. quite unfortunate as i have been waiting many months for the car.

again, thank you
Please read the owner's manual from start to finish. Many of the items from running-in to the warning messages are explained in the manual. The first thing I would do is to report these things to the dealer and get him to check out the car. I am a bit confused why you would not ask the dealer first!?!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

Ninety, no follow-up?
Old 07-24-2012, 10:39 AM

I would recommend to visit the dealer asap and figure out all issues.
07 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Yellow
12 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 Giallo Orion
12 Harley Davidson V-Rod Night Special
12 Honda CBR 1000RR Repsol
12 KTM 690 Enduro R

Sold: 04 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Red Paxton Powered
Old 08-19-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetydegree View Post

again, thank you
Hi I got it one month ago.

Among your problems,

1 and 2 -- I have not had a such problem.
Instead EPC signal from time to time appeared for a while and
disapperaed.
3 --clutch overheat message appeared once on a steep slope.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:39 PM

Apparently they are doing an upgrade on the ECU software now, make sure you got notified by the dealer you bought it. We took our car already.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaioCK View Post
Apparently they are doing an upgrade on the ECU software now, make sure you got notified by the dealer you bought it. We took our car already.
Do you know what exactly this ECU sw upgrade fixes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Aventador

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.