Lamborghini Talk banner

Urraco Radio

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Preo 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the original fitment radio was for a '74 Urraco - pictures would be helpful if you have any!

Thanks

Doug

#6 ·
A Grundig would be a typical German/Austrian variant. Radios were a dealer installed option in all markets.

There is no correct radio...the bigger dealers put in better/more expensive units.

Italian home market radios were basically brands unheard of elsewhere :confused:

Paul

#9 ·
Hi,
for this car the right choice should be any contemporary Voxson or Autovox radios, since these ones were both italian brands. Please do not install German radios, as you should do with a Porsche 911, that's a car who hasn't anything to share with the Urrraco. About the speakers, after finding an original Bertone press photo on my car in wich were visible both loudspeakers, I discovered that the hole pattern and contour still "engraved" in my car's trim fits perfectly old Voxson speakers. These speakers had squared metal plates (grilles) and black finish. Should be also a model with a thin chromed profile all around the plates, like the contemporary Autovox speakers.

Francesco

#11 ·
Voxson or Autovox radios, since these ones were both italian brands. Please do not install German radios, as you should do with a Porsche 911, that's a car who hasn't anything to share with the Urrraco.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

How very peculiar :( The Voxson and Autovox were among the WORST radios ever made :wave:

If you are that much of a "purist" resist the temptation to install a radio...any radio !

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.