Lamborghini Talk banner

turbo build thread

6K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  RAC3ME 
#1 ·
i am looking for the turbo build thread from dallas performance from awhile back....might have been just before they were a sponser.

trying to sow someone that UGR isnt the only option....

anyone have it? or know how to find it?

thanks

#5 ·
I believe it's RAC3ME's first build you are asking about:

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f47/dropped-my-car-off-turbos-21567/

We would love the opportunity to talk to your friend about his build options, and what we can offer him. Feel free to have him call Taylor at the shop (number in my signature), or if he would like, send us a PM with his number, and I can have Taylor call him directly.

Also, have him take a look at this thread:

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f47/who-wants-twin-turbo-their-lamborghini-25947/

#20 ·
#6 ·
I have my own twin turbo r8 project going with a local shop but I can assure you one thing. Taylor made me feel all warm and cozy inside. He is very passionate about his work and at the end of the day I think that is who I would choose.

I talked to UGR and Heffner before I chose the local shop and they were more into sending them the car versus talking details and other things. Taylor is very in depth and I love that. I didnt talk to Taylor before I chose the local shop.

This is not a knock on Heffner or UGR because they are clearly great companies and know what they are doing. I just felt at ease when Taylor was explaining stuff to me and I feel like he would meet my needs the best.

#8 ·
For what it's worth, i'm in Houston, TX and am much closer to Dallas Performance, Heffner and all other shops that have attempted to TT a Gallardo. For what it's worth, I am having UGR build my third Lambo as we speak. The results speak for themselves and after 2 exceptional experiences, I decided to go for a 3rd. If you want more details about the research I did, the experiences I've had and my thoughts, feel free to PM me and I will be happy to speak to you.
Peter

#9 ·
Have attempted? LOL. Heffner was among the first, and has a solid customer base, Dallas Performance also has a growing customer base. Everyone has their shop of choice, and it's good that they keep their customers happy. I'm looking forward to see how everyone steps up their game next year.

#13 ·
#10 ·
Sorry my post read wrong....should read "I am much closer to DP and Heff (that have built TT G's) as well as others who have attempted to TT a G..." I hope that is acceptable to you Malu....

#22 ·
Hi Shalin, I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately, we don't ship our kits out at this time. We value doing an exceptional job and completely satisfying our customers, and have learned through other's mistakes, that the only way to control the quality of the build is to do it in our shop. It also gives us an opportunity to address issues that may be unknown to the customer, which can be found during our pre-build vehicle inspection and dyno. We often have cars shipped to our facility from all over the US, and even recently had a customer from Kuwait ship us a car. We would love the opportunity to build you your dream Gallardo, so if you would consider shipping us your car, we would be happy to go over all the details and answer any questions you may have.

#17 ·
I am just glad Heffner and UGR and all the others are pushing the envelope of what these cars can do. What trans did both these cars have? E gear, or gated?

#19 ·
The white Underground Racing Superleggera is using an OEM E-gear setup. It is a fully synchronized transmission with billet gears that make NO gear noise. This makes it very nice for street use. The Heffner car, from what I understand has a dog box, it has NO synchronizers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.